Meeting our Public Sector Equality Duty
Appendix 1: Workforce profile (Internal document only)
Appendix 2: EDS Annual Public Grading Dashboard May 2016
Appendix 3: List of Acronyms
Easy Read document Click here
North Staffordshire CCG wants to ensure all parts of our local communities have fair access to NHS information, services and premises when they need to use services, and to any employment opportunities.
We know that not all people access or take up services in the same way and we want to try to take reasonable steps to accommodate these different needs, particularly for seldom heard people from groups protected by the Equality Act 2010, and the Health and Social Care Act 2012.
The CCG is working hard to ensure not only that its services are appropriate and accessible for all members of our community, but that no one is disadvantaged or discriminated against by the services we put in place.
North Staffordshire CCG will publish (no later than 31 January) an Annual Equality and Inclusion Publication to show what we are doing to routinely collect equality data and use this information to ensure that CCG services and employment opportunities are fair and accessible to all. We also show how we are progressing on delivery of our agreed Equality Objectives.
Under the Equality Act 2010 and the Public Sector ‘Specific Equality Duty’, public sector organisations such as CCGs must publish sufficient information to demonstrate that, in the exercise of its functions, it has ‘due regard’ (gives deliberate consideration) to the 3 aims of the Equality Duty:
- eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation;
- advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not; and to
- foster good relations between people who share a relevant protected characteristic and those who do not.
Previous Annual Equality and Inclusion Reports -
Request for information in an alternative format
CCG patients, public and staff can request reasonable adjustments such as information into other formats, or workstation assessment and adjustments for disabled staff etc, to enable fair access to information, services, premises, engagement and any employment opportunities.
- pdf Meeting our Public Sector Equality Duty View NS & SoT CCGs' Annual Equality & Inclusion Publication (March 2018) (1.17 MB)
- pdf Appendix 1: CCGs’ Workforce Profile – internal only document (less than 150 staff) (844 KB)
- pdf Appendix 2: What we know about Stoke-on-Trent and North Staffordshire localities (March 2018) (627 KB)
- pdf Appendix 3: EDS Annual Public Grading Dashboard 2015 to2017 (196 KB)
- pdf Appendix 3.1: North Staffs CCG and Stoke-on-Trent CCG EDS overview grading 2013 to 2017 (161 KB)
- pdf Appendix 4: List of Acronyms (115 KB)